87% of online marketers are using business video content to help inform, engage and convert people online into customers, is your small business one of them?
We love watching videos online, especially since smartphones came onto the scene.
In fact, according to YouTube, mobile video consumption rises by a massive 100% every year!
Apparently, our video consumption extends outside of watching funny cat videos too.
According to Google, almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
Given the option, the majority of us would always opt to watch video content over reading text, so it makes sense that offering customers video as well as text content will increase engagement rates.
51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
So, if your small business isn’t creating video content yet, you’re missing a trick or two.
1. Increases organic reach and engagement on social: Social media platforms like Facebook want to get users engaged, and the stats show that we are far more likely to engage with video than any other content.
In fact, 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, and social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
So, it makes sense that video content is given priority in the newsfeed. If you want to increase the organic reach of your marketing messages on social, try saying it with video.
2. Increases conversion rates: Generally, we perceive it to be less effort to watch a video than read text, so if you want to make sure more people visiting your website are getting your message, you should provide video content alongside your text content.
According to the conversion experts at Unbounce, using videos on your landing pages could increase your conversion rate by up to 80%!
3. Improves visibility on search engines (SEO): Users love video content, which means Google does too. Using video marketing on your website gets you a big thumbs up from Google and research has found that it can increase organic traffic from SERPs by 157%.
4. More engaging way of communicating information: 72% of people say that if text and video content were both available on the same page, they’d rather watch the video. There’s no denying that video is a far more engaging medium than text, its visual nature makes it easier to explain and demonstrate information to customers, whilst also making the message more memorable. In short, video can provide a more effective user experience.
5. Improves click-through rate on email marketing: Next time you’re sending out a marketing email, try creating a short video to include with your message.
Hubspot says that using video in an email results in a 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
Don’t forget to include the word ‘video’ in the email’s subject line to increase your open rate too!
Getting started with video marketing may not be as difficult as you think.
Whilst it’s important to keep your videos looking professional, you don’t need to worry about becoming the next Spielberg.
If you have a laptop, smartphone or tablet at your disposal, there are plenty of free apps and tools online that can help you create your first business video masterpiece.